INTERVISTA COL DR.JOE GRECO

Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy

« Older   Newer »

1. pit80

User deleted

è presto. diamogli almeno 2 mesi

2. Fangoso

User deleted

Sono sempre qui...credetemi...sono il primo che spera di aver qualcosa da dire il più presto possibile...ma come dice pit mi servono almeno due mesi...l'11/05 è un mese esatto quindi siamo ancora indietro...comunque la situazione è stabile...almeno posso dire che non mi ha fatto male :lol:

3. MARK1981

User deleted

gia e' tanto.tutto quello che verra' sara in piu.almeno potrai dire cio' provato.speriamo bene e soprattutto non sparire eheh!un grande in bocca al lupo..lo speriamo quanto te credici!

4. rse

User deleted

ma da feller e cole non si sa nulla...e gli altri chirurghi che faranno adotteranno anche loro il prp?... che dicono rahal koray hasson...?

5. rse

User deleted

perchè nessuno sa nulla??

6.     Like  

FONDATORE DI BELLICAPELLI

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    Feller ha effettuato il primo trattamento con PRP il 16 maggio 2009
    Il procedimento ha avuto una durata di 25 minuti e il paziente ha ricevuto 200 iniezioni di plasma arricchito.
    Platelets in and of themselves are inactive and dormant. If they weren't, you're blood stream would be just one massive clot. Platelets only become active when triggered by disruption of tissue. So when you cut yourself, the platelets passing by in the blood stream at that time become ACTIVATED by the injury and start to do their magic- which is to clot blood and exude growth factors of different kinds to regenerate the skin and surrounding structures in an effort to heal them.

The blood has a relatively low concentration of platelets, so in PRP procedures we strive to concentrate the platelets 5-7 TIMES normal. Then we inject it into the dermal layer where the follicles live.

At this point the PRP concentrated platelets are in the dermis, but are inactive, so when I poke the area a few hundred times the trauma causes the platelets to activate. That's the general mechanism of action of PRP as I understand it. Perhaps Dr. Joe Greco can come on here and elobarate if need be, but I thing that pretty much says it.
    PRP seems to play two major roles:
    The first is to aid in reducing, arresting, or reversing miniturization. In this case the best patient is someone with ALOT of thin hair like diffuse alopecia. Another ideal patient is the one who is losing their hairline due to traction alopecia secondary to pulling the hair back into a ponytail.Yet another is the young person who sees areas of their scalp noticably thinning. Most of these type patients should NOT be candidates for HT in the areas that PRP treatment is recommended.

The second is the hair transplant patient. I now tell all my patients that they have the OPTION to get a PRP treatment 2 weeks to a month BEFORE their scheduled HT procedure to help prepare the donor area and recipient area for the surgery. Since PRP exudes EGF (Endothelial Growth Factor) it means new capallaries will be formed within the skin which can only help the donor area heal better and the recipient area recover faster after surgery. And before anyone worries about the area bleeding MORE during surgery due to the PRP treatment, it won't because the new vessels are capallaries and are therefore too small to make a difference in the volume of blood lost during surgery.

If PRP is performed in an area where grafts are already grown out it will not harm them. Think about it, even a massive surgery in and around prior transplants very rarely harms the original transplants. The amount of trauma from a PRP treatment is FAR less than that.

I suppose there is ALWAYS a risk of shockloss as some peoples physiology are more sensitive than others, but I have to state that I HIGHLY doubt shockloss can occur as the result of a PRP procedure. The wounds are just too small.
    According to the scant data we have for the efficacy of PRP on follicles, it seems that a return visit would be called for every 6 to 8 months. If PRP is effective in your case, I suspect that you would return EVERY month for several hundred needle pricks without hesitation. Fortunately you don't feel the sticks because I numb the scalp with local anesthetic prior to the procedure.

Needle-less injectors may or may not work. My concern is whether the high pressure will rupture the platelets. I will order such an injector and shoot it though pig skin. Then I will examine under the microscope. If the platelets are intact then I will consider needle-less injectors.

Curious,
    I have no idea how many terminal hairs it will produce. Dr. Greco showed a cosmetically signficant amount during the Fox newscast he was on, I'd be happy if most people achieved that level of growth.

I have not heard nor read one word about PRP enhancing any kind of untoward growth like tumors, and it is unlikely that it is capable of doing so. I had a conversaton with the rep of the most successful PRP company in the world and he never heard of it either.

Can't decide,
    If the patient has extensive baldness in an area without ANY miniaturized hairs and no chance for a hair transplant, then there is no point in offering PRP at all.

To me, any person with a thinning area of scalp extensive enough to worry them, but not enough to justify a hair transplant, is an instant candidate. This goes double for women in particular who can't use finasteride.

Like Propecia, Minoxidil, and Dutasteride PRP is NOT a magic bullet.At least not yet. But the only way to find out its potential is to simply do them and report on the results. Perhaps PRP is where crude HTs were 40 years ago and it will just take some clever hard working doctors to maximize its potential. One thing is for sure, it's potential extends far beyond other junk therapies like lasers, steroid injections, magic shampoos, etc...

Growth factors are the stuff of life. They are real, tangible, well understood, and proven. Stands to reason that they would have a beneficial effect on any tissue they came into direct contact with...hair follicles and surrounding skin included.

-Dr. F

7. uomo piu' bello del mondo

User deleted

praticamente sarebbe adatto al mio caso con thinning diffuso in tutto il front e un po nel mid
    se joe poi mi dice che il trapianto da hasson non e' fattibile l' unica carta da giocare e' il prp

8. MARK1981

User deleted

andiamo insieme cribbio!

9. uomo piu' bello del mondo

User deleted

ci sto pensando seriamente,
    domenica mi faccio visitare da joetronic che forse mi dira' "trapianto impossibile, hai ancora tutti gli indigeni ma son tutti miniaturizzati a fanno schifo al cazzo ma te li devi tenere er forza in testa anche se sembrano peli di passera"
    portiamo pure boroz tanto 200 iniezioni in testa gli fanno il solletico

10. MARK1981

User deleted

boroz si e' fidanzato col cinese sotto casa sua e e' geloso!nun lo fa veni'!sto prp si dovrebbe inizia a fa in italia!cmq se feller da buoni risultatiu,new york e' piu vicino e almeno mi vedo newyork,unisco l'utile al dilettevole!

11.     Like  

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    Feller ha in programma di aprire una clinica in Inghilterra dove usare il PRP. A presto maggiori info

12. MARK1981

User deleted

speriamo bene!mi faccio da na botta di prp e 1000 uf in hl!2 piccioni con una fava ..tutto cio quando bola?

13.     Like  

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    Ecco il primo paziente che si è sottoposto al Prp col dr.Feller, dopo due settimane le zone di diradamento sono diminuite notevolmente, il Prp sembra aver avuto un effetto volumizzante.
    Commento Dr.Feller:
    This patient was one of my first PRP patients.
    When compared to my average hair transplant patient,his hairloss issues were pretty mild.
    However, he did have patches of thinning hair throughout the top of his head that bothered him (see before photo). More importantly, he was concerned about future loss.

We performed a PRP treatment on him and he returned 2 weeks later. Needless to say I was more than surprised when I saw the thin patches had thickened quite a bit and the overall top of his head looked thicker and fuller.

Since I am a skeptic by nature I poured over his head with a comb and magnifying glass and kept referring to his before photo to mark the differences. There was NO question in my mind that something positive had happened. I even wet his hair to see if I could reproduce the thin patches he had before, but I could not.

My best guess is that the PRP somehow caused an immediate thickening of the hair so that over the course of two weeks enough new thickened hairshaft grew out to make the overall apperance look fuller. Not only did the PRP work on the miniturized hairs in the patches, but it seems to have also thickened the rest of the hairs on the top of his head, something I hadn't even thought about.

This is only ONE case so PLEASE don't over hype this result. Let's wait until a few more PRP patients report in. But so far, so good.

PRE E POST PRP A 2 SETTIMANE

POST PRP

ECCO UN ALTRO PAZIENTE TRATTATO COL PRP DAL DR.FELLER

14. MARK1981

User deleted

vado da feller!all'incirca quando aprirebbe a londra?

15.     Like  

Ex amico di antorino

Group

Status
    micidiale, prezzo?

75 replies since 16/4/2009, 15:38   9941 views
Open chat