« Older   Newer »

1. Bapt777

Advanced Member

Group

Status
    I have a son (and I hope a second).

I take finasteride.
    Saying breaks, does not work that way.

clinical studies, in utero effects of finasteride during the embryonic and fetal periods were evaluated in several animal species, and not in humans.

The most interesting comparison concerns the monkey because its development is similar to ours.

However, the administration of doses corresponding to more than 750 times the highest concentration in the sperm of a man taking 1 mg / day caused no abnormalities in the fetus.
    This was only observed when doses reached about 12 million times the evoked concentration of finasteride.
    It is a malformation of the genital tract of the male fetus. No other abnormalities were found in the male fetus and a female fetus is, in principle, not concerned.

In other words, the risk, which occurs mainly when the male sexual organs are developing (about the 7th to 15th weeks of gestation), is more theoretical than practical as the amount of finasteride in semen is low.
    It has not so far been considered sufficient to consider that it could harm a male baby.
    Which does not mean that it could never happen.

Currently, there is only one case of congenital malformation in a baby, who during pregnancy may have been exposed to sperm from a patient treated with finasteride.
    But the causality has not been proven, especially since this anomaly is unfortunately not rare with an incidence ranging from 0.8 to 8 per 1000 births of boys and the rest of the births occurred in clinical trials did not have to suffer from this defect.

At the end of this argument, I think the risk is very low.
    However, to be cautious, it is always possible to use a condom between the 7th and 15th weeks of pregnancy during the reports, thus avoiding any contact for the future mother.

121 replies since 12/2/2019, 01:52   28297 views
Open chat