DRENAGGIO POST OPERATORIO

« Older   Newer »

1.     Like  

FONDATORE DI BELLICAPELLI

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    Il dr.Feller ha pensato a questa soluzione per ridurre il dolore nelle notti successive all'intervento.
    By far the most complained about part of the average hair transplant is the first night afterwards. During this time the incision site in the donor area is at its most tender and does not always submit to oral pain killers.

More commonly, I've found that patients will resist taking their prescribed oral pain killers until the pain has reached a relaitive high point. By this time, oral pain killers may only work minimally since it now has to "catch up" to the pain. In these cases I recommend the patient return to the office to be re-injected, at which time pain relief is almost instantaneous.

It then occured to me that it would be nice if patients didn't need to actually come to me to re-inject them. That it would be preferable if they could inject themselves as needed in the comfort of their own home. Those patients who were lucky enough to have a wife or girlfriend in the medical field would benefit from having someone inject them, but what about the rest of the HT patient population?

I came up with a simple method of allowing patients who have absolutely no medical training to inject themselves easily and quickly. I advise all patients to tell their perpective HT doctors about this technique since it is cheap, easy, and VERY effective. Everyone who reads this should recommend that their doctor do this:

I simply took a "butterfly" needle attached to a tube that is normally utilized for blood drawing and inserted it below the closed donor incision. By angling the needle up toward to the corners of the incision the medication could flow to the sides of the incision and then be pulled down by gravity to the central part of the incision. In the photos below I stapled these needles into place, but have found out since then that needle will stay put when a simple gauze headband is wrapped over it.

Since the needle is inserted after the patient has been previously injected (during surgery) the patient feels no pain nor does he feel the presence of the needle. I place one on each side of the wound. I then give the patient two syringes of local anesthetic and teach him how to screw it into the tube and to inject until pressure is perceived. Within seconds any pain should begin to receed immediately.

I have used this technique ten times now ALL with success.

The morning after sugery the patient takes off the gauze headband and simply slides out the needles and disgard them. Oral pain killers, if needed, are continued from that time forward.

I hope all HT doctors adopt this technique since it is the first night postoperatively that is the most painful. Now, this need not be so. The whole insertion effort takes maybe 15 seconds and the cost is only a couple of dollars, the benefits are unequalled.

I have already filed a patent on a new design of this concept that will eliminate the tubes completely while more efficiently delivering the anesthetic at a much cheaper price. I am applying for FDA approval which will in all probability take a year. But your doctors don't have to wait that long. The above method is available to them right now.

0 replies since 7/11/2006, 13:03   449 views
Open chat