FELLER FUE

essere o meno candidati ideali..

« Older   Newer »

1. titty

User deleted

Ho trovato questo in un forum estero che trovo interessante..
    E' l'opinione di feller riguardo la fue, in pratica vi è la possibilità (non frequente ma possibile) che un paziente possa non essere un buon candidato ideale per la fue.
    Questo è possibile stabilirlo solo ed esclusivamente dopo i primi 40 min di intervento, dopo l'estrazione di 300uf circa: quindi se in pratica nei primi 40 minuti di intervento il dott constata che su 300 estrazioni solo 200 uf risultano non danneggiate (analizzandole al microscopio), il doc si riserva la possibilità di arrestare l'intervento.
    Al paziente, in questo caso, viene offerto di trasformare l'operazione in strip (con la riduzione del costo ovviamente) o di tornare a casa sborsando comunque 4000dollari per l'impegno dell'ambulatorio di quel giorno.
    Dice che opererà solo i pazienti che accetteranno queste condizioni dette in anticipo, e che non farà come altri dott FUE che pur di continuare l'operazione utilizzano punch superiori di diametro ad 1 millimetro.. con conseguente visibilità dell'esito cicatriziale in donor (white dots)

"Since I just finished an FUE procedure of almost 1,000 grafts on a UK patient today I think it is safe to say that I don't have to limit myself to 800 FUE grafts per day.

Roger, there are patients out there whose scalp lend themselves incredibly well to FUE technique- and it is on these people that I have performed FUE megasessions. Unfortunately, there is no way to determine this before the fact. All of my patients on whom I've performed mega-session FUEs understood BEFORE hand that we may not be ABLE to do a megasession.

I turned you down for a megasession FUE in your case not because the case would be too big for me to handle physically, but because of your young age. If you lost enough hair to justify an FUE megasession at this stage, then you are probably headed toward more hairloss in the future that would require a strip procedure anyway. So what would be the point of performing an FUE on you now? There would be no point at all.

The main problem is the variability of patient physiology. While everyone is a candidate for large strip surgery, the same may not be said for large FUE surgery.

Let me state catagorically- I will do large FUE sessions IF and only IF the patient truly understands and accepts that I may stop an FUE case after the first 40 minutes if I feel the yields are too low. They must also accept and agree when booking for an FUE megasession (800 and up) to be CHARGED $4,000 for the day WHEATHER I SUCCEED or not. They have the option to switch to a strip procedure (at the normal fee of that size strip surgery) or they can go home.

All of my patients in the past year have agreed to these conditions. Thankfully, I have not failed on any of them, but it will happen one day.

No doctor can guarantee the success of an FUE without ever having worked on that patient before, especially if megasession FUE is the goal.

What some FUE doctors have done when they've found that FUE yields are low during extraction attempts is to simply switch to larger punches-as high as 1.2mm! This is a bait and switch tactic and I will have nothing to do with it at any price.

In my opinion, ANY procedure performed with a 1mm or higher punch diameter is NOT an FUE case, it is an old style plug case. Period. I will NOT switch to larger punches to achieve the number of grafts a patient desires because I would not be performing FUE on them anymore. This is unethical, immoral, and happens regularly I'm afraid.

I think it is far more fair to offer the patient the ability to switch to a strip at a normal strip price than to try to brute force an FUE out of a scalp that won't allow it.

So, for example, lets say a patient wants 1,000 FUE grafts. I charge $10 per graft-so the cost of the case would be $10,000. If everything goes well he is charged the $10,000 and that's the end of it. However, let's say the patient is not a good FUE candidate. If after making 300 genuine FUE attempts I find that I am only extracting 200 FUEs intact I will cancel the case and tell the patient that he now has a choice of switching to strip or just going home.
    If the patient switches to strip he is only charged a grand total of $4,500 for the 1,000 strip grafts, and that's it. That's all he pays from start to finish.
    If, however, the patient wants to go home, $6,000 is returned to him immediately and he goes home only having spent $4,000.

Why do I do this? Because if I put a day aside for a megasession FUE patient I can't risk losing that day just because the patient's scalp won't cooperate.

So, if there are those of you out there who want a megasession FUE procedure, you may have it. As long as I feel you are a candidate in the first place in terms of age and ability to reach a cosmetically significant goal, and you are willing to submit to my $4,000 condition as noted above.

Roger, unfortuantely, because of your age and stage of hairloss I couldn't even accept $4,000 just to attempt the procedure, because even if I were successful, the use of FUEs in your case would be inappropriate at this time".

2. MARK1981

User deleted

beh onesto feller.cmq feller tecnicamente con la fue e' forse il piu bravo.ma alvi ha le potenzialita x superarlo.quello che piu mi preoccupa di feller so le densita e i pochi casi in rete.

3. titty

User deleted

Pratica la fue dal 2002 e dice con 2-3 operazioni la settimana..
    Purtroppo nessun italiano si è fatto operare da lui.. quindi sappiamo poco.
    Però va molto in inghilterra, li hanno diversi casi.
    Mentre di pazienti italiani operati da armani ce ne sono diversi che possono testimoniare positivamente.
    Sicuramente il punto forte di armani sn le alte densità, e spero riesca a ricrearle anche cn la fue..
    Ed in più il vantaggio che parla italiano..e che ha un punto di riferimento fisso qui in italia (vantaggio non trascurabile).

Staremo a vedere.

4. rummenigge

User deleted

no, Alvi non parla italiano, a meno che non lo abbia imparato in questi ultimi due anni. :B):

kalle

5. -Ronald-

User deleted

lo parlicchia kalle, una volta rispondeva alle mail in un misto italico spagnolo

6. rummenigge

User deleted

beh, ha studiato allora, bene. :B):

si le mail me lo ricordo anch'io, lol.

7. MARK1981

User deleted

ai consulti lo parlava.non benissimo ma ci si fa capire.lo parlicchia diciamo.

8. rummenigge

User deleted

al tel, anni addietro, praticamente zero. lo ha ripassato/studiato, 1 punto a suo favore.

9. MARK1981

User deleted

NO 1 PUNTO GLIELO METTO IO MA IN FRONTE SE NON IMPARA BENE A FAR LA FUE COME LA STRIP. :P

10. yuri77

User deleted

Io vedo gia' da almeno 4 anni interventi fu di Feller con minimo 70 uf x cm in HL.
    Il problema erano i 10 dollari a graft.......ma se il dollaro continua cosi'.

11. capellipersempre

User deleted

scusate dove posso vedere casi fue di feller?

10 replies since 10/3/2008, 23:51   719 views
Open chat