metodo frechet

« Older   Newer »

1.     Like  

FONDATORE DI BELLICAPELLI

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    Hasson & Wong have incorporated the tricophytic closure technique into their practice as standard for all patients. This technique allows for hair to grow through the resulting scar making it extremely difficult to find even under close inspection. To read an article describing the procedure in more detail please visit the forums. http://hairtransplantmentor.com/forum/index.php

2. rummenigge

User deleted

non dimentichiamoci di questa importante innovazione in campo STRIP.

H&W hanno previsto di avere una iniziale fotodocumentazione utile verso gennaio. gliela chiederemo in prima persona.

kalle

3. raffa75

User deleted

infatti sarebbe molto interessante vedere come vengono certe cose.........perche' se funziona davvero per la fue la vedo grigia.........MOLTO grigia

4. helsinki

User deleted

sarebbe davvero l'ideale..

5.     Like  

FONDATORE DI BELLICAPELLI

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    ho invitato il caro amico pluggy primo ad aver sperimentato sulla sua capoccia la tecnica frechet ad unirsi a noi !

6. pluggy

User deleted

Hi BOLA,

Thx alot for your invitation to become a member on this new board! biggrin.gif

I hope your surgery with Dr. Wong on wednesday went quite well and U can post about your experiences and show us some photos.

I will try to put some information regarding the new trico closure method together and post it here as soon as possible.

-pluggy

7. LeetssAgoo

User deleted

Hi Pluggy and wellcome aboard smile.gif

I hope u ll get a great result by the frechet tecnique

8. pluggy

User deleted

QUOTE (LeetssAgoo @ 16/12/2005, 16:01)
    Hi Pluggy and wellcome aboard smile.gif

I hope u ll get a great result by the frechet tecnique

Hey LeetssAgoo - thx for the nice words wub.gif

Finally I was able to put some information regarding Dr. Frechet's invisible scar(s) technique together and make some comparison to other docs who use a similiar technique.

H&W are using the same method, but they term it Tricophytic closure. A term that was coined by Dr. Marzola.
    Dr. Frechet told me that he examined his technique on 100 virgin heads and he was very successful in that.

Regarding repair cases like mine his results are not consistent and he did not have many cases yet. This means he achieved excellent results, mediocre ones, but failures as well.

H&W are using staples for closing the wound whereas Dr. Frechet is using a running superficial suture. Dr. Hasson explained to me that staples are superior as they don't put pressure on the wound edge from all sides. Except this their method seems to be identical.
    Dr. Paul Rose is using exactly the same technique as Frechet (up to my knowledge), but at the time he presented his technique at the congress in Brussel in may05 he did not use undermining of the galea. He terms it ledge closure. Dr. Frechet told me that Dr. Rose is using undermining right now though. Then there is Dr. Marzola of Australia - he is cutting the upper wound edge instead of the lower one (this makes no sense according to Dr. Frechet) and his sample size on which he based his study was only 26 cases. I heard that Dr. Wolf of Ohio is using this new technique as well and even HT chains like MMG (Germany/Austria) seem to offer it right now.

The whole procedure consists actually of 4 key factors:
    - wound less than 10mm 
    - supra galea undermining
    - de-epithelialisation of the inferior edge of the wound
    - superficial running stitch
    The really new thing seems to be #3 cutting the inferior wound edge. This helps to bring a scar down to invisibility, which would have turned out to be 1-2mm if the conventional method had been applied. Invisible BTW means not visible to the naked eye, but visible under magnification.
    According to Dr. Hasson and Dr. Cole the underming of the galea is nothing really new therefore if it is not possible to close the wound without tension then the new closure technique itself does not make much sense IMO, the scar is still prone to stretch. Most important for a successful scar repair are still laxity and personal healing characteristics. If they are bad the new method won't succeed IMO. So the whole thing seems to be no miracle and only fittable for repair patients who would come out with a good result under the conventional technique as well.

The reason why I chose Dr. Frechet for my repair surgery was that he is one of the best in scalp lifts worldwide and therefore has been dealing with scars for decades. So he should be therefore the best in producing small scars.

I established a new homepage and put some important links on it. From there you can download some important documents which explain the procedure. I mainly got my information concerning the new technique by reading them:
    Documents/explanations concerning Dr. Frechet's technique
    Finally my status 3 month post op: I met Dr. Cole 3 weeks ago in London and he examined my revised scar. The good news is that it seems to be considerable improved, but the bad one is that it is not invisible. He observed several scar spots which will require grafting in the future. Furthermore he fears that it will stretch during the next few months. It's hard for me to figure out the actual status by myself, because looks like a mixture of schockloss, redness and then I have a second scar below. So I will wait at least 9 more month in order to draw a definite conclusion.

So hopfully that helped to give you a basic overwiew of this new trico procedure.
    I will keep you updated.

Edited by pluggy - 17/12/2005, 17:46

9. rummenigge

User deleted

Ciao Pluggy and welcome aboard!

your contribution re. the frechet technique is definitely appreciated, pal.

looking forward to see some pics as well.

thanks + take care,

kalle cool.gif

10.     Like  

Advanced Member

Group

Status
    Welcome Pluggy,

thanks for sharing these infomations and your experience with us

read you soon cool.gif

Edited by -cripto- - 16/12/2005, 22:07

11. pluggy

User deleted

Ciao Kalle and cripto,

Thx for your friendly welcome! rolleyes.gif

Here are the links to my photos 11 weeks post op (guard #3 used for haircut):

Photo1 Photo2 Photo3 Photo4 Photo5

A comparison before-after can be found here:

Links and Photos

-pluggy

Edited by pluggy - 16/12/2005, 23:18

12. rummenigge

User deleted

pluggy,

cheers for the prompt reply + photo links.

well, your scar looks definitely improved, if you want my opinion. lets see in a coupla more months how it will look like. hope dr. cole is wrong and that it's not going to stretch. wink.gif

I'll try to post one or two shots of my old scar tomorrow. looking for repair work actually.

kalle

13. LeetssAgoo

User deleted

Great! GReat and Great Pluggy!! wink.gif

Even if it seems still a bit red, i can totally agree with rumenigge about your result.

Now we are waiting for Bola and his h&w surgery to see how they work by using this new tecnique.

14. Homer Jay

User deleted

Pluggy, unbelievable.

I must be true: every time I've looked at your pics on HLH, I've always thought you would never ever fix that.
    But you did!

Congrats! cool.gif

P.S. that's hoping well for Bola: the two cases are quite similar.

Edited by Homer Jay - 17/12/2005, 21:19

15. favolos80

User deleted

homer,
    pluggy ha eseguito il repair da frechet,non da H&W...

62 replies since 29/11/2005, 14:10   7405 views
Open chat