TESSUTO CICATRIZIALE E RICRESCITA

« Older   Newer »

1.     Like  

FONDATORE DI BELLICAPELLI

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    Questo è un tema su cui si sprecano molte opinioni !
    Ci può essere ricrescita in zone recipient dove compare tessuto cicatrizale ?
    Ecco alcun risposte raccolte :
    Can hair transplant surgery be performed into scar tissue?

A: Yes, hair transplant can be done into a scar tissue and the hair will grow in scar tissue, but not quite as well as in normal tissue. The scar tissue is not as elastic as normal tissue and the blood supply is less than in normal tissue, so that area should not be transplanted as densely. Grafts do not grow well in thickened scars.

domanda fatta al dr.bernstein :
    Subject: Lack of density after transplants

Question: Unfortunately I began my transplants about 7 years ago before follicular units were introduced, I had four sessions of slit grafting done by one doctor then had another four sessions in the same area of mini and micros into holes done by another doctor. For all the sessions I had done my hair doesn't seem as dense as I thought it would be, is it possible that there is alot of scar tissue in this region which is making it difficult for the grafts to grow, because when I rub my finger on my head I feel lots of stubble, I wonder if it is stuck in telogen. Also I have a small spot behind my front hairline where a few years ago I scratched off a buildup of sebum because at the time I wasn't washing my hair everyday and it was very oily at the time. I did this over a few areas of my scalp and hairs came out attached to the the sebum buildups. My question is the hairs that came out in that particular spot gone for good or should I use some rogaine on this area to stimulate growth or might I need transplants to fill this area in again.

Answer: Hairs don't get "stuck" in telogen, but you are correct in stating that hair growth in scar tissue is generally, but not always, less than normal scalp. If you have a bald spot greater than two years duration, it is very unlikely that you will get regrowth. Rogaine will be of no benefit. If your donor reserves permit, a hair transplant might be appropriate.

Answered by: Dr. Robert Bernstein

Edited by BOLA - 2/3/2006, 13:58

ALTRE DOMANDE :
    have had some surgical procedures on my head that left a fair amount of scar tissue. Can hair grow there? Is it a more difficult procedure? Are there any complications? L.E. New York, NY
    A: Transplanted hair will grow in scar tissue as long as the tissue is not thickened. Thickened scar tissue can be flattened with local injections of cortisone. Once the scar is smooth, the hair transplant procedure is relatively straightforward; however a few things must still be kept in mind. Since the blood supply of the scar tissue is less than in normal tissue, the grafts should not be placed as close. As the grafts from the hair transplant grow, new blood vessels are formed in the area. Additional density can then be achieved in a subsequent session by adding more grafts. After the hair restoration procedure, care must be taken with grafts transplanted into scar tissue, as the scarred scalp doesn’t hold onto grafts as well as normal tissue and they are more easily dislodged. If grafts are packed too closely into scar tissue, poor growth can result. If sites are placed properly and the post-op care is diligent, good growth should be expected.

ALTRE SPIEGAZIONI DI SCARSA RICRESCITA :
    Do you ever see poor growth from a hair transplant? Q.H. – New York, NY
    A: The situations where I have encountered poor growth are: 1) when hair is transplanted to areas of skin that has been thickened due to the prior placement of larger grafts or plugs” (this is called “hyperfibrotic thickening”), removal of the larger grafts can somewhat ameliorate this problem. 2) when hair is transplanted into a thickened scar, and 3) when a hair transplant is performed into and area of severe chronic sun damage. In this case, a very modest number of grafts should be used in the first session and if these grow well, additional grafts can be added in a subsequent session.

2.     Like  

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    Ecco cosa ne pensa il Dr. Hasson :
    HAIR GROWTH IN SCAR TISSUE

Balloonman has posted that hair will not grow in scar tissue .This is incorrect! In fact , to the contrary, it grows well in scar tissue .The reasons for this are unknown

.Since scar is relatively avascular (minimal blood supply),we would expect poor or no growth . In practice we find that in addition the hair grows with a shorter latent period ,and the hair shaft may be 10 – 15% larger in diameter than original donor hair .It may be that chemicals produced locally by the scar tissue in some way encourage follicular growth , but the exact mechanism has yet to be elucidated.

In contrast in atrophic skin (eg. Thin skin due to ageing ) which also is relatively avascular, transplants grow rather poorly.

When we transplant into scar we avoid dense packing , and perform the restoration over 2 or 3 sessions.

This type of procedure is an ideal application of the FUE method.
    Scar tissue does vary in vascularity – the more dense the scar tissue ,in general, the less vascular .Grafts will grow even scars which do not bleed on creating the recipient sites. Strangely the scars seem to become more vascular in response to the new grafts ,and bleed more on 2nd and subsequent surgeries.

Grafts are packed at 15-20/cm2 usually.

Psus…-lateral slits help by giving greater coverage anywhere on the scalp .They also improve the shingling effect which is greatest on the sides and back of the scalp.

Poet – Hair grows well in donor scars. If you phone me at my clinic tomorrow ,I will put you in touch with a patient on whom I have performed six such procedures-with great results.(he had 17 scalp reductions and ht’s by the age of 22yrs, before seeing me )

3. -Ronald-

User deleted

Alvi che pensa a riguardo?

4. cbf

User deleted

io ho visto il caso di un poveraccio sul sito del dr arvind,ke aveva subito dalla bosley nel giro di 2-3anni 7scalp reduction accompagnate da relativi trapianti con risultati pressoke nulli.Si è poi recato in india per trapiantarsi bh visto ke gli erano rimasti solo quelli grazie alla bosley:il problema è ke alla visita il dr arvind aveva riscontrato come per via delle scalpreduction il suo scalpo fosse ormai una solida corazza indurita,cionostante il tipo si è trapiantato 5000bh e sono ricresciuti tutti o quasi,e ha in programma pure una seconda seduta...beh notevole,soprattutto per come era messo il suo scalpo

5.     Like  

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    ecco che ne pensa il dr.Bisanga:
    For what I have seen ,scar tissue has a tendency to give a yield betwwen 40-60% .This is because scar tissue do not have good blood supply . When it comes to density I feel it is better not to dense pack a scar as the chances of having the grafts compete for blood supply is higher. A low density will be advisable . Also keep in mind that it may take more than one surgery to give you better scar camouflage.If grafts compete for blood supply chances are the growth will be lower.
    Any Dr claiming 100% will be selling you wind.

TRADUZIONE:PER QUELLO CHE HO VISTO IL TESSUTO CICATRIZALE PORTA A UNA RICRESCITA FRA IL 40 E IL 60%. CIO' PERCHE' IL TESSUTO CICATRIZALE NON HA UN SUFFICIENTE APPORTO SANGUIGNO. SUGGERISCO CHE SIA MEGLIO NON OPERARE IN QUESTA ZONE AD ALTA DENSITA' DI GRAFT PERCHE' LA RICHIESTA DI CIASCUNA GRAFT PER L'IRRORAZIONE SANGUIGNA SAREBBE ALTA E LE UF "COMPETEREBBERO" FRA DI LORO. UNA DENSITA' MINORE SAREBBE CONSIGLIABILE. POTREBBERO ESSERE NECESSARIE PIU' DI UNA SURGERY PER OTTENERE UN MIGLIOR CAMUFFAMENTO DELLA CICATRICE.SE LE GRAFT COMPETONO PER L'IRRORAZIONE SANGUIGNA LA RICRESCITA SAR' PIù BASSA IN PERCENTUALE. OGNI DOTTORE CHE DICHIARA UN RICRESCITA DEL 100% IN QUESTA SITUAZIONE TI STA VENDENDO VENTO

Per tutti quelli interessati ho posto la question a diversi chirurghi vediamo che rispondono

6. orione2

User deleted

CITAZIONE (cbf @ 18/3/2006, 22:10)
    io ho visto il caso di un poveraccio sul sito del dr arvind,ke aveva subito dalla bosley nel giro di 2-3anni 7scalp reduction accompagnate da relativi trapianti con risultati pressoke nulli.Si è poi recato in india per trapiantarsi bh visto ke gli erano rimasti solo quelli grazie alla bosley:il problema è ke alla visita il dr arvind aveva riscontrato come per via delle scalpreduction il suo scalpo fosse ormai una solida corazza indurita,cionostante il tipo si è trapiantato 5000bh e sono ricresciuti tutti o quasi,e ha in programma pure una seconda seduta...beh notevole,soprattutto per come era messo il suo scalpo

C'hai un link?

7. felix212

User deleted

bola..io scrivo con le kappa, ma tu fai di peggio!!!! Non traduci??? PLEASE....traduci...perke mi interessa! THANKS!

8. -Ronald-

User deleted

ha tradotto non vedi?

9. cbf

User deleted

CITAZIONE (BOLA @ 5/12/2006, 16:26)
    ecco che ne pensa il dr.Bisanga:
    For what I have seen ,scar tissue has a tendency to give a yield betwwen 40-60% .This is because scar tissue do not have good blood supply . When it comes to density I feel it is better not to dense pack a scar as the chances of having the grafts compete for blood supply is higher. A low density will be advisable . Also keep in mind that it may take more than one surgery to give you better scar camouflage.If grafts compete for blood supply chances are the growth will be lower.
    Any Dr claiming 100% will be selling you wind.

TRADUZIONE:PER QUELLO CHE HO VISTO IL TESSUTO CICATRIZALE PORTA A UNA RICRESCITA FRA IL 40 E IL 60%. CIO' PERCHE' IL TESSUTO CICATRIZALE NON HA UN SUFFICIENTE APPORTO SANGUIGNO. SUGGERISCO CHE SIA MEGLIO NON OPERARE IN QUESTA ZONE AD ALTA DENSITA' DI GRAFT PERCHE' LA RICHIESTA DI CIASCUNA GRAFT PER L'IRRORAZIONE SANGUIGNA SAREBBE ALTA E LE UF "COMPETEREBBERO" FRA DI LORO. UNA DENSITA' MINORE SAREBBE CONSIGLIABILE. POTREBBERO ESSERE NECESSARIE PIU' DI UNA SURGERY PER OTTENERE UN MIGLIOR CAMUFFAMENTO DELLA CICATRICE.SE LE GRAFT COMPETONO PER L'IRRORAZIONE SANGUIGNA LA RICRESCITA SAR' PIù BASSA IN PERCENTUALE. OGNI DOTTORE CHE DICHIARA UN RICRESCITA DEL 100% IN QUESTA SITUAZIONE TI STA VENDENDO VENTO

Per tutti quelli interessati ho posto la question a diversi chirurghi vediamo che rispondono

a n-0 pero ha detto una cosa molto diversa..mi sembra veramente che ci sia parecchia confusione,nn solo tra chirurghi ma anche negli stessi chirurghi

CITAZIONE (orione2 @ 5/12/2006, 16:28)
    CITAZIONE (cbf @ 18/3/2006, 22:10)

C'hai un link?

l^avevo messo ma me l^hanno levato,boh..

10. rummenigge

User deleted

le due versioni di hasson e bisanga non collimano esattamente... chi avrà ragione / più esperienza a riguardo?

kalle

11. felix212

User deleted

solo la risposta di bisanga è tradotta...nn vedi??? le altre??

12. rummenigge

User deleted

io mi riferivo al testo originale. ho visto. :B): se qualche anima pia con un pò di tempo libero traduce le altre...

kalle

13. cbf

User deleted

eh eh a kalle come al solito nn sfugge nulla...appunto hasson e bisanga hanno visioni diametralmente opposte a riguardo e mi chiedo francamente come sia possibile(anke se numerzero,leggevo in un suo report,riferisce ke in realtà il parere di bisanga è un po diverso);nn traduco ma faccio un riassunto di quello ke dice hasson a proposito:dice ke su un tessuto cicatriziale nn solo la ricrescita è piu o meno simile ad un normale trapianto ma addirittura ke i capelli(forse a causa di qualke mediatore chimico prodotto dal tessuto cicatriziale)crescono piu velocemente e con un diametro maggiore del normale :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o:

14.     Like  

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    RINGRAZIO IL DR.FELLER PER AVERMI RISPOSTO + TARDI TRADUCO
    LA DOMANDA ERA: COSA ACCADE SE UN PAZIENTE A CAUSA DI PRECEDENTI INTERVENTI PRESENTA TESSUTO CICATRIZIALE IN ZONA RICEVENTE?
    QUESTO COMPORTERA' UNA RICRESCITA INFERIORE?

Whenever you cut the skin there will ALWAYS be scar tissue formation. Doesn't matter where on the body the cut is and it doesn't matter what kind of cut it is.

Now, that said, the size and volume of tissue cut AND it's location will play in role in scar formation. For example, a punch excision wherein a relatively large amount of skin is removed is going to create a scar that not only covers the hole that is left behind, but radiate outwards BEYOND the wound edge to secure itself. The smaller the cut, the smaller and less agressive the scar.

Why is scar bad? Because it is not as vascularized and permiable to the exchange of metabolites and nutrients as healthy skin is. Hair transplants rely exclusively on the permiability of the surrounding skin to support life until such time that new blood vessels develop to support transplanted follicles. No free permiability equals dead graft. Not all scar is created equal.

Some are more vascular and permiable than others. Long flat "Stretch scars" usually created from improperly removed donor strips are usually quite ameniable to graft placement. This is because they tend to be thin and the donor area has an almost "over supply" of blood supply. The center top of the recipient area is a different matter. This skin tends to scar up quite thickly and the amount of blood vessels supplying the area are very low compared to the donor area. The result? Lower yields on higher density surgery. The answer? Trim the grafts as fine as possible and don't pack quite as tight as usual. Let grow for six months, then repeat as needed

To answer your question a bit more directly, a STANDARD scalp that has had a few hundred or thousand PROPER and TRUE follicular units (not minigrafts that are CALLED follicular units) should accept new grafts with no significant drop in yield. HOWEVER, when you have an HT the smart patient plays the odds to his best advantage. This typically means, pack the area as hard as you can in as few surgeries as possible. Better to pack 1000 grafts into a certain area in one shot then try to attempt it in 2.

Dr. Feller

Edited by BOLA - 7/12/2006, 14:40

15.     Like  

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    OGNI VOLTA CHE INCIDI LA PELLE CI SARA' SEMPRE FORMAZIONE DI TESSUTO CICATRIZIALE. NON IMPORTA IN CHE ZONA DEL CORPO L'INCISIONE SIA FATTA E CHE TIPO DI TAGLIO SIA.
    ORA,DETTO QUESTO, LA DIMENSIONE E IL VOLUME DEL TESSUTO E LA SUA POSIZIONE GIOCHERANNO UN RUOLO FONDAMENTALE NELLA FORMAZIONE DELLA CICATRICE. PER ESEMPIO UN'ESCISSIONE CON UN PUNCH IN CUI VIENE RIMOSSA UN BUONA PARTE DI PELLE CREERA' UNA CICATRICE CHE NON SOLO COPRIRA' L'AREA DEL BUCO
    PRODOTTO, SI ESTENDERA' VERSO L'ESTERNO OLTRE IL BORDO DELLA FERITA PER "ASSESTARSI". PIù PICCOLO E' IL TAGLIO PIU' RIDOTTA E MENO AGGRESSIVA LA CICATRICE
    PERCHE' LA CICATRICE CREA PROBLEMI? SEMPLICEMENTE PER IL FATTO CHE NON E' VASCOLARIZZATA E PERMEABILE PER IL FLUSSO DEI METABOLITI E NUTRIENTI COME SAREBBE INVECE UNA ZONA DI PELLE SANA. L'AUTOTRAPIANTO SI BASA ESCLUSIVAMENTE SULLA PERMEABILITA' DELLA PELLE CIRCOSTANTE CHE PERMETTE LA VITA DELLE UNITA' FOLLICOLARI FINO AL MOMENTO IN CUI UN NUOVO VASO SANGUIGNO SI SVILUPPA PER FORNIRE SUPPORTO ALLE STESSE.
    SCARSA PERMEABILITA' DELLE ZONA INNESTATE EQUIVALE ALLA MORTE DELLE UNITA' IVI INNESTATE. NON TUTTE LE CICATRICI SONO UGUALI.
    ALCUNE SONO PIU' VASCOLARIZZATE E PERMEABILI DI ALTRE. LE LUNGHE CICATRICI PIATTE DOVUTE A DIASTASI SOLITAMENTE DOVUTE A ERRATA RIMOZIONI DI LOSANGHE DI PELLE (STRIP) SONO SOLITAMENTE PI' PREDISPOSTE ALL'INNESTO DI UNITA' FOLLICOLARI. QUESTO PERCHE' TENDONO A ESSERE SOTTILI E LA DONOR AREA TENDE AD AVERE "UN EXTRA APPORTO" DI AFFLUSSO SANGUIGNO. L'AREA RICEVENTE NELLA PARTE CENTRALE /SUPERIORE DEL CAPO E' INVECE PI' PROBLEMATICA. LA PELLE TENDE A CICATRIZARE IN MANIERA PIU' SPESSA E L'AMMONTARE DEI VASI SANGUIGNI CHE APPORTANO SUPPORTO SANGUIGNO A QUEST'AREA E' MOLTO BASSO SE COMPARATO CON QUELLO IN DONOR. IL RISULTATO? POCA RICRESCITA IN CASI DI INTERVENTI AD ALTA' DENSITA' DI INNESTI. LA RISPOSTA? CERCA DI FARE LE INCISIONI PIU' FINI POSSIBILI E NON INNESTARE UNITA' COSI0 RAVVICINATE COME NELLA NORMA. LASCIA CRESCERE PER 6 MESI E SE NECESSARIO FAI UNA SUCCESSIVA PASSATA.
    PER RISPONDERE ALLA DOMANDA UN PO PIU' DIRETTAMENTE, UN SCALPO STANDARD CHE HA RICEVUTO POCHE MIGLIAIA DI REALI E VERE UNITA' FOLLICOLARI ( NON MINIGRAFY CHIAMATE UNITA' FOLLICOLARI) DOVREBBE ACCETTARE LE NUOVE UNITA' FOLLICOLARI SENZA UNA SIGNIFICATIVA CADUTA DEL TASSO DI RICRESCITA. TUTTAVIA NEL MOMENTO IN CUI DECIDE DI FARE UN INTERVENTO DI HT IL PAZIENTE SMALIZIATO DOVREBBE AVERE LA POSSIBILITA' DI GIOCARE AL MEGLIO LE SUE CARTE. CIO' SIGNIFICA CERCARE DI RAGGIUNGERE LE MASSIME DENSITA' IN UN'AREA IN MENO INTERVENTI POSSIBILE. MEGLIO INNESTARE 1000 U.F IN UN'AREA IN UNA VOLTA SOLA CHE FARLO IN DUE SESSIONI.

Dr. Feller

20 replies since 2/3/2006, 13:56   4512 views
Open chat