Bicer - 3220 Grafts - 8th January 2023

« Older   Newer »

1.     Like  

Group

Status
    I had the hair transplantation procedure last week and I have been very happy with how it went. This is a first review and of course, I will update you with the results and the pictures in the next months.

A little bit of background on me.
    28, started to lose hair around 20 years old. In my family, all males from both sides, father and mother are bald. Not even 1 male person in my family has hairs. So I knew my hairs were doomed since I was very little.

When I started losing hairs at 20, I started applying minoxidil 5%, which slew down the process.
    I am very very sensible to anti-dht. At 22 I have tried 1 month of finasteride and I had all the sides. So I tried saw palmetto integrators and I had even worst sides, which continued even after I stop taking the pill! From then on, I have decided not to mess with anti-dht anymore, and I stand to that decision. I continued with minoxidil 5% only.

The hairline receded more and more but it was ok until I turned 27. From the 27 years old, I decided the situation was not bearable anymore and I started looking for a hair transplant surgeon.

Visiting forums like the hair loss forum and the bald talk, I got to know Dr Oslem Bicer. I contacted her WhatsApp number and I soon had an answer from Melisa, her Italian speaking assistant.
    Melisa was super, she answered to all my questions, even the most stupid ones with a lot of kindness all the time and very soon. We arranged a videocall with Dr Bicer where I got answered a few more specific questions.

It was October, and I couldn’t stand my hair situation anymore. I wanted to do the procedure as soon as possible, and even tough the queue line was full until may, they made possible to find a spot to me on January 8th, on a Sunday! As Dr Bicer told me the day of the procedure, this is a thing they never do, but in this case they really wanted to help me out and made an exception.

We agreed over 3000 grafts, considering my young age and the need for another surgery after 30 for the back and crown, and considering I’m not taking any anti-dht. Dr Bicer was very firm preserving the donor area for the future.

So I booked everything and I arrived in Istanbul a few days earlier, the 4th to visit the city before the procedure. They offered me a deluxe package for 3 days with hotel and taxi, but I preferred to do on my own and stay in the city for more time, in total 10 days.

The day of the operation arrived! As a day full of possible stress and anxiety, I think it is very important the attention the client receives. In the clinic I was the only one whom was operated.
    Melisa introduced me with a lot of energy and calm, which helped me a lot in addressing the stress of the day. In general, Melisa was great throughout the entire procedure. I thanked her very much, she demonstrated an incredible attention and care towards the client.

As I arrived at 9 am in the morning, I signed the papers and then De Bicer checked my scalp with attention and draw the line. I am attaching the pictures of pre and post so you can see where the line was drawn. We agreed on a conservative headline considering the young age.
    She explained to me how the procedure was going to be and asked if I had any questions. After some photo shooting, my hairs were cut to zero and the operation could start!

After anaesthesia, which hurt a bit but was bearable, Dr Bicer made the incisions in the recipient area and together with the nurses they took the hairs from my donor area. This took around 1.5 - 2 hours. During the extraction I slept all the time, they even covered me with a blanket at one point.
    After extraction, I got to eat. Melisa asked me to order whatever I wanted and I went for some typical Turkish food, I was not too hungry.

Just the time to eat and the operation started again! In this part, the nurses performed the operation. I didn’t feel anything at all and again, I slept most of the time. I just woke up at 7 pm! The operation finished at 9 pm.

I am very happy with how the procedure went and I attach a picture to show how the recipient area looked like right post op. Dr Bicer told me she was sure the result is going to be wonderful, and I trust her. It is exactly how I wanted it to be. Conservative and natural hairline, filled in the center and without touching the back, which will be worked in a second surgery.

After the operation, Dr Bicer told me she got 3200 grafts, where the additional 200 were given on their behalf.
    These are the details:

1210 single
    1690 double
    320 multiple

For a total of 3220

She told me there were 1500 grafts to be taken for the second operation in the back after 30, and in case of need we can take hairs from the beard and the chest as well.

Before leaving, they gave me all the medicines to take on the following days together with the cream and shampoo, with the indications of how and when to apply them.
    She recommended me to restart minoxidil one week after the operation and she suggested for 1 year of finasteride. I explained my sensibility for anti-dht and she said minoxidil only was fine.

Very happy so far, I will update you!

2.     Like  

Group

Status
    Pre Op Picture
    Attached Image
    Pre - Op

3.     Like  

Group

Status
    Right Post Op
    Attached Image
    F8FD137E-F51B-4FBB-83A2-0CA39F6D7198

4.     Like  

Group

Status
    This is 9 days after. I had many scrabs as per day 9 (I was not putting much pressure in washing my grafts). I had a call with her and she recommended to wash with more pressure.
    This is the result 9 days post op
    Attached Image
    IMG_4287

5.     Like  

FONDATORE DI BELLICAPELLI

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    Hi thank you for sharing your experience with Dr.Biçer.
    I will translate your post for our Italian users who don't speak English.
    Please feel free to update your thread, we will be happy to follow your progress.

6.     Like  

Group

Status
    Mi sono sottoposta all'intervento di trapianto di capelli la scorsa settimana e sono stata molto soddisfatta di come è andata. Questa è una prima recensione e naturalmente vi aggiornerò con i risultati e le foto nei prossimi mesi.

Un po' di informazioni su di me.
    28 anni, ho iniziato a perdere i capelli intorno ai 20 anni. Nella mia famiglia, tutti i maschi di entrambi i lati, padre e madre, sono calvi. Nemmeno una persona di sesso maschile nella mia famiglia ha i capelli. Quindi sapevo che i miei capelli erano condannati fin da quando ero molto piccola.

Quando ho iniziato a perdere i capelli a 20 anni, ho iniziato ad applicare il minoxidil 5%, che ha rallentato il processo.
    Sono molto sensibile agli anti-dht. A 22 anni ho provato 1 mese di finasteride e ho avuto tutti gli effetti collaterali. Ho quindi provato con gli integratori di saw palmetto e ho avuto dei disturbi ancora peggiori, che sono continuati anche dopo aver smesso di prendere la pillola! Da quel momento in poi, ho deciso di non fare più uso di anti-dht, e sono convinto della mia decisione. Ho continuato con il minoxidil 5%.

L'attaccatura dei capelli si è ritirata sempre di più, ma è andata bene fino ai 27 anni. A partire dai 27 anni, ho deciso che la situazione non era più sopportabile e ho iniziato a cercare un chirurgo per il trapianto di capelli.

Visitando forum come quello sulla perdita dei capelli e quello sulla calvizie, ho conosciuto la dottoressa Oslem Bicer. Ho contattato il suo numero WhatsApp e subito mi ha risposto Melisa, la sua assistente di lingua italiana.
    Melisa è stata super, ha risposto a tutte le mie domande, anche le più stupide, con molta gentilezza, sempre e molto presto. Abbiamo organizzato una videochiamata con il dottor Bicer, dove ho ricevuto risposte ad alcune domande più specifiche.

Era ottobre e non potevo più sopportare la situazione dei miei capelli. Volevo fare l'intervento il prima possibile e, anche se la fila era piena fino a maggio, hanno fatto in modo di trovarmi un posto l'8 gennaio, di domenica! Come mi ha detto il dottor Bicer il giorno dell'intervento, questa è una cosa che non fanno mai, ma in questo caso volevano davvero aiutarmi e hanno fatto un'eccezione.

Abbiamo concordato più di 3000 innesti, considerando la mia giovane età e la necessità di un altro intervento dopo i 30 anni per la schiena e la corona, e considerando che non sto assumendo alcun anti-dht. Il Dr. Bicer è stato molto deciso nel preservare l'area donatrice per il futuro.

Così ho prenotato tutto e sono arrivato a Istanbul qualche giorno prima, il 4, per visitare la città prima dell'intervento. Mi hanno offerto un pacchetto deluxe per 3 giorni con hotel e taxi, ma ho preferito fare da sola e rimanere in città per più tempo, in totale 10 giorni.

Arrivò il giorno dell'operazione! Essendo un giorno pieno di possibile stress e ansia, credo sia molto importante l'attenzione che il cliente riceve. In clinica ero l'unica ad essere operata.
    Melisa mi ha presentato con molta energia e calma, il che mi ha aiutato molto ad affrontare lo stress della giornata. In generale, Melisa è stata fantastica durante tutta la procedura. L'ho ringraziata molto, ha dimostrato un'attenzione e una cura incredibili nei confronti del cliente.

Sono arrivata alle 9 del mattino, ho firmato i documenti e poi De Bicer ha controllato il mio cuoio capelluto con attenzione e ha tracciato la linea. Allego le foto del prima e del dopo, in modo che possiate vedere dove è stata tracciata la linea. Abbiamo concordato una linea di testa conservativa considerando la giovane età.
    Mi ha spiegato come si sarebbe svolta la procedura e mi ha chiesto se avevo domande. Dopo qualche scatto fotografico, i miei capelli sono stati tagliati a zero e l'operazione è potuta iniziare!

Dopo l'anestesia, che ha fatto un po' male ma è stata sopportabile, il dottor Bicer ha praticato le incisioni nella zona ricevente e insieme alle infermiere ha prelevato i capelli dalla mia zona donatrice. Ci sono volute circa 1,5-2 ore. Durante l'estrazione ho dormito tutto il tempo, a un certo punto mi hanno persino coperto con una coperta.
    Dopo l'estrazione, ho potuto mangiare. Melisa mi ha chiesto di ordinare quello che volevo e io ho scelto un piatto tipico turco, non avevo troppa fame.

Giusto il tempo di mangiare e l'operazione è ricominciata! In questa parte, le infermiere hanno eseguito l'operazione. Non ho sentito nulla e, ancora una volta, ho dormito per la maggior parte del tempo. Mi sono svegliata solo alle 19.00! L'operazione è terminata alle 21.00.

Sono molto soddisfatta di come è andato l'intervento e allego una foto per mostrare come appariva la zona ricevente subito dopo l'operazione. La dottoressa Bicer mi ha detto che era sicura che il risultato sarebbe stato meraviglioso e io mi sono fidata di lei. È esattamente come volevo che fosse. Un'attaccatura conservativa e naturale, riempita al centro e senza toccare la parte posteriore, che verrà lavorata in un secondo intervento.

Dopo l'operazione, la dottoressa Bicer mi ha detto che ha ottenuto 3200 innesti, mentre gli ulteriori 200 sono stati dati per conto loro.
    Questi i dettagli:

1210 singolo
    1690 doppi
    320 multipli

Per un totale di 3220

Mi ha detto che c'erano 1500 innesti da prelevare per il secondo intervento nella schiena dopo 30, e che in caso di necessità possiamo prelevare capelli anche dalla barba e dal petto.

Prima di andare via mi ha dato tutti i farmaci da prendere nei giorni successivi insieme alla crema e allo shampoo, con le indicazioni su come e quando applicarli.
    Mi ha consigliato di riprendere il minoxidil una settimana dopo l'intervento e mi ha suggerito un anno di finasteride. Le ho spiegato la mia sensibilità per gli anti-dht e mi ha detto che andava bene solo il minoxidil.

Per ora sono molto contento, vi aggiornerò!

5 replies since 17/1/2023, 21:02   394 views
Open chat